Written by: Dr. Clifford Melnick, DMD
Restoring Your Smile
Dental technology has changed the way that many patients think about their smiles. Tooth replacement utilizing implant dentistry is a main reason for this change. Dental implants can restore a smile in terms of functionality and aesthetics, alleviating fears about denture slippage. At Fifth Avenue Periodontics, we understand the implications of having a missing tooth, and work with our patients to ensure that we address these issues as quickly, efficiently and as painlessly as possible.
With Dr. Clifford Melnick and dental implants, you can restore your smile so that it is functional and beautiful to suit your individual needs. Dental implants have given patients the freedom to relieve anxiety and feel more at ease with their smiles. Through this blog, the benefits of dental implants are reviewed to give insight into this revolutionary dental procedure.
Implant Dentistry and You
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that are implanted into the preexisting structures of the mouth. Over time, the dental implants fuse to the jawbone. The jawbone serves as a secure base for the implant and tooth root, and because of the placement of the implant, patients experience little pain associated with the procedure. The implant also helps maintain bone height and reduces further bone loss in an area with missing teeth.
Dental implants can help to restore functionality and aesthetics back to the smile. In addition, dental implants can provide the following benefits:
- Natural Appearance- dental implants look natural and feel natural too. Because they fuse with the jaw bone (osseointegration), they become permanent and stay in place.
- Better Speech- dentures that do not fit well can slip and cause words to become slurred. In addition, missing teeth can cause speaking difficulties. Implant dentistry allows patients to have a smile that is durable and that does not inhibit speech, which can alleviate anxiety.
- Easier to Eat- dentures can make chewing foods difficult. Dentures also cover taste buds on the roof of the mouth so food doesn’t taste as good. Dental implants function like natural teeth and reduce fears of dentures slipping out of place when eating.
- Higher Self-Confidence- patients can feel an increase in self-esteem with dental implants as missing teeth are replaced and the form of the mouth looks natural.
- Oral Health- replacing missing teeth with dental implants can improve your overall oral health. Chewing, speaking, and smiling can become easier, and the form and function of your mouth can return.
During a consultation, Dr. Clifford Melnick will discuss other benefits of dental implants and evaluate a patient’s oral health. If a patient does not have enough jawbone present, then Dr. Melnick may suggest guided tissue regeneration and bone grafting to build up bone and tissue for dental implants.
Learn More about Dental Implants
If you are interested in learning more about dental implants, then do not hesitate to contact Dr. Clifford Melnick and his dental team. Dr. Melnick will answer any questions that you have about our implant procedures and help you find if dental implants could be a good fit for you.
Dental implants have helped many patients regain confidence in their smiles. With Dr. Clifford Melnick, dental care and patient satisfaction are our main priorities. We work with you to ensure that patients are satisfied with their smiles. To learn more about our dental services, and how you can improve your smile’s functionality and aesthetics, contact Dr. Clifford Melnick today.
- Dr. Clifford Melnick. Dental Implants. http://www.fifthaveperio.com/dental-services/dental-implants/
- WebMD. Dental Implants. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dental-implants