Top rated Periodontist in New York City, Dr. Cliff Melnick is a highly experienced Periodontist and Dental Implant Specialist. Dr. Cliff Melnick has been providing periodontal and dental implant care to patients in Manhattan for over three decades. Dr. Melnick’s state of the art periodontal facility equipped with the most advanced periodontal equipment available in New York including the LANAP Periodontal Laser and more.
Dr. Cliff Melnick is recognized as the best-rated Periodontist in New York City, one of the best periodontal specialists in the state of New York. Dr. Melnick is an award winning periodontal expert and contributor to the periodontal medical community. Dr. Melnick provides comprehensive periodontal procedures to treat periodontal conditions that affect your:
- Facial bones- maxilla and mandible
- Cementum, the material that holds your teeth to your gums
- Periodontal ligaments
Periodontal Treatment Options in NYC
In addition to bi-annual teeth cleanings by the best periodontist in New York City, you may need further treatment options for more severe gum disease problems. Dr. Cliff Melnick a qualified periodontist in New York City will determine the best course of treatment for you, some of periodontal treatment options may include:
- LANAP Laser Therapy. LANAP is an FDA-cleared laser treatment that Dr. Melnick uses to offer his periodontal patients in NYC a less painful, more successful treatment alternative to conventional surgery. LANAP is the only scientifically, research proven methodology that results in true periodontal regeneration, new bone growth and gum tissue reattachment. LANAP is a phenomenal technology and a testament to the quality of technology used at Dr. Melnick’s leading edge periodontal practice in New York City. LANAP is also FDA approved for true new attachment.
- Scaling and root planing. Periodontist Dr. Cliff Melnick in NYC uses ultrasonic tools to remove the hardened calculus from the exposed teeth roots. Planing is the process of smoothing out the rough edges of the tooth’s surface, making it difficult for bacteria to adhere to a smooth surface. With the tartar removed from the periodontal pockets, the gums can now can heal properly and tightly. For the best periodontal health, Dr. Melnick recommends regular dental cleaning to maintain a healthy dental regimen.
- Gum grafts. When gum tissues have been permanently destroyed, Top NYC periodontist Dr. Melnick may advise you to undergo gum grafting. Connective tissue may be grafted onto the exposed roots to improve the esthetics and health of the gum/tooth relationship.
- Bone grafting is used to build up your jaw after it’s been worn away from persistent, unchecked periodontal disease. Bone grafts in extraction sites may take as long as three months to solidify for implants to be placed as tooth replacements.
- Dental implants. Dental implant procedures performed by the best periodontist in NYC, Dr. Cliff Melnick offer patients a permanent solution to tooth replacement. Periodontist, Dr. Cliff Melnick offers single or multiple dental implants for his dental patients in New York City suffering from tooth loss.