Far too many adults in the United States suffer from moderate to severe periodontitis. Most avoid treatment because of fears of aesthetic complications, predictability of treatment, affordability, and fear of pain from the procedure. Unfortunately, many don’t see the connection of good dental hygiene with their overall health. Periodontal disease’s connections to heart disease and many other serious complications often go unnoticed by the average person. Dr. Clifford Melnick has fully implemented the revolutionary LANAP® gum disease treatment into his practice as part of their overall approach to offering patients the most advanced dental care available today.
What’s the secret?
Why does LANAP work so well? LANAP® (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) utilizes safe and proven laser technology to gently remove harmful bacteria and diseased tissue from the gums. With this new procedure, only the diseased tissue is removed and the height of the tissue around the tooth is maintained. This removal of bacteria allows the body to heal naturally. With LANAP®, there is no cutting, no stitches, less pain, and a quicker, easier recovery.
The benefits of LANAP
- Faster Recovery – LANAP® procedure is minimally invasive, enabling the human body to recover quicker.
- Little Pain – The PerioLase® MVP-7 offers biostimulation which gives faster recuperation and also makes the need for postoperative pain drugs minimal.
- Minimal Downtime – The majority of individuals return back to their daily lives after the surgical procedure and back to eating and drinking regularly within a full week.
- Minimal to No Gum Line Removal – Because the technique only takes out diseased tissue, gum line recession is greatly reduced. This maintains the artistic look of a healthy smile.
- Reduces Gum Tissue Swelling and Blood loss – LANAP® could clear away about 90% of periodontal inflammation after one visit. The PerioLase® MVP-7 destroys microbes without hurting healthy gum tissue.
- Minimal Bleeding – PerioLase® MVP-7 controls bleeding throughout the surgical procedure through the formation of normal forming blood clots, reducing risk of blood loss as well as other adverse problems.
- Sparing Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth, in most cases, compared to similar outcomes with traditional gum disease treatment procedures.
- Regenerates Bone Tissue – LANAP® is the only standard protocol that is scientifically confirmed to regenerate bone as well as improve gum tissue around teeth.
- LANAP® surgery has absolutely no contraindications, so patients that are on medications, such as blood thinners, are able to have this procedure done.