Dental Implants Benefits New York
Restore the Appearance and Functionality of Your Smile
If you would like to take advantage of dental implants’ many benefits, our New York periodontics and implant surgery practice is designed to meet your needs. Our team of dental professionals, led by Dr. Clifford S. Melnick, is dedicated to periodontal care and has extensive experience with the placement of dental implants and the treatment of the supporting structures of the teeth. We are proud to offer dental implants to our patients; both effective and long-lasting, dental implants can drastically improve the functionality and aesthetics of your smile and have a tremendous impact on your life. If you have damaged, malformed, or missing teeth, dental implants may be for you. To learn more about dental implants, including their benefits, contact our New York dental practice today to schedule a consultation.
Advantages and Benefits of Dental Implants
Though there are some minor risks associated with dental implants, complications are rare, and the vast majority of individuals who undergo dental implant treatment enjoy improved functionality for years. At Fifth Avenue Periodontics, we are advocates for dental implants, as there are numerous benefits:
- Improved Aesthetics – With dental implants, smiles that are marred by damaged, misshapen, broken, or missing teeth can be restored to their original beauty. The dental implant will serve as a root for natural-looking dental crowns or dental bridges that blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, providing you with a rejuvenated smile.
- Improved Function – Damaged or missing teeth can severely inhibit the functionality of your smile and cause discomfort; dental implants can provide a solution to such oral health issues. By acting as roots for dental prosthetics, implants in effect become the supporting structure for new teeth. Depending on your needs, a dental crown or bridge can be affixed to your dental implants, improving functionality and comfort.
- Improved Speech – Patients with damaged or missing teeth, as well as those who wear removable dentures, can experience speech impediments as a result of the compromised tooth structure. Dentures can slip within the mouth, and broken or missing teeth can alter airflow, causing slurring or mumbling. With dental implants, the function and shape of the jaw are restored, improving speech.
- Improved Confidence – Dental implants offer a comprehensive treatment option for individuals with poor oral health. With improved functionality, comfort, aesthetics, and speech patterns, many patients find that their self-confidence is dramatically improved and they smile more often.
- Improved Comfort – Patients who currently have dentures – partial or complete – will be amazed by the convenience and comfort of dental implants. Having to remove dentures on a continual basis for cleaning and certain activities can be inconvenient and embarrassing, depending on the situation; dental implants function as and look like real teeth, and provide all of the benefits of real teeth.
- Longevity – Though there are a number of options for improving a patient’s oral health, no dental treatment provides such long-term benefits as dental implants. Because the titanium root of the dental implant is fused into the jaw bone through a process known as osseointegration, the implant can be depended on for years, if not decades.
The success rate of dental implant treatment is over 90 percent, and they can potentially last a lifetime if properly maintained. At Fifth Avenue Periodontics, we believe that dental implants’ benefits speak for themselves, and we are proud to offer them to our patients.
Contact Us to Learn More about Dental Implant Benefits
We are champions for periodontal care and implant dentistry at our Manhattan dental practice, and offer a range of treatment options to meet our patients’ needs. If you are seeking dental care as a result of damaged or missing teeth, dental implants have numerous benefits; contact our New York office today.