Dental Pain Management
Written by: Dr. Clifford Melnick, DMD
At Fifth Avenue Periodontics, Dr. Clifford Melnick and his team are committed to patient comfort and a pain-free experience. We understand that many of our patients may be fearful of certain procedures and treatments because of previous experiences, however, we take every effort to minimize pain while at our Manhattan office.
We use state-of-the-art technology to ensure that pain is managed during dental procedures. Some of this technology includes:
- Oraqix- Oraqix is a topic anesthetic agent that Dr. Clifford Melnick uses for pain control in a variety of periodontal treatments. Oraqix combines lidocaine and prilocaine with a thermosetting system for pain relief in needed locations. No needle is required with the Oraqix process, and allows for a patient to feel completely comfortable and pain-free during an entire dental treatment.
- Dentalvibe- with many dental procedures, a numbing injection may be necessary. However, the injection can be extremely painful for a patient. With Dentalvibe, a vibrating comfort tip is placed at the injection site. After a few seconds of a “pleasant tickling sensation,” Dr. Clifford Melnick will be able to administer the injection with no pain. It is reported that most patients do not feel the injection at all, and can be comfortably numb during treatment.
The addition of Oraqix and Dentalvibe to regular dental and periodontal care allows for patients to remain comfortable throughout a visit to the dentist. Dr. Clifford Melnick always stays up-to-date with the latest technology and dental techniques to decrease patient recovery time and pain levels. To experience the Fifth Avenue Perio difference for yourself, please contact our Manhattan dental office today.
Learn More about Dental Pain Management
To learn more about ways that you can decrease your dental pain while at the dentist’s office, please contact Dr. Clifford Melnick at Fifth Avenue Periodontics. We will answer all of your questions related to dental pain and how the pain can be managed through our treatments and services. We will then schedule you for a consultation with Dr. Clifford Melnick so that your dental history can be reviewed and all of your pain management options can be discussed in full detail.
You do not have to worry about pain while at the dentist any longer. Find out more about how Dr. Clifford Melnick can decrease your dental pain today by contacting our Manhattan dental office at 212-355-1266.
- Dentalvibe. How Dentalvibe Works. http://www.dentalvibe.com
- Dentsply. Oraqix. http://www.dentsply.com/en-us/catalog/product.dir.html/Preventive/Anesthesia/Non-Injectable-Anesthesia/ORAQIX-(lidocaine-and-prilocaine-periodontal-gel)/p/PHA-6631211020.html
- Dr. Clifford Melnick. Dental Services. http://www.fifthaveperio.com/dental-services/
- National Institute of Health. Anesthetic efficacy of Oraqix versus Hurricane and Placebo for Pain Control During Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4015044/