Gum Recontouring and You
Gum Recontouring and Your Smile
For many individuals, their gum line has never enhanced their smiles. Some many have overly gummy smiles, while others may find that black lines are visible from dental crowns. Whatever your reason for not liking your gum line, Dr. Melnick is here at Fifth Avenue Periodontics to help.
Dr. Clifford Melnick’s expertise in gum recontouring allows for him to reshape the gum line with dental lasers. The procedure can yield dramatic results for many of our patients, and can help to transform a wide variety of gum line issues. To learn more about gum recontouring, keep reading Dr. Clifford Melnick’s blog.
Dr. Clifford Melnick and Gum Recontouring
At Fifth Avenue Periodontics, gum recontouring is used for a variety of procedures to help patients achieve their desired results. Dr. Clifford Melnick uses the latest state-of-the-art dental technology and lasers to transform the gum line. Gum recontouring is most commonly used to:
- Cover any black lines due to exposed crown margins.
- Retreat the gums found with gummy smiles.
- Add gum with connective tissue grafting. In this procedure, the gum is moved from a palate donor site to an area that is lacking gum tissue.
- Aid with lateral pedicle grafts. Through this gum recontouring procedure, the gum is moved from an adjacent tooth to add gum tissue over an exposed tooth root.
All of these procedures can provide our patients with the smile lines that are highly desirable. During a consultation, Dr. Clifford Melnick will learn more about your individual concerns with your smile, and perform a detail evaluation. Through this analysis, Dr. Melnick will be able to determine if you could benefit from gum recontouring, and what results you can expect from the procedure.
Learn More about Gum Recontouring
If you would like to learn more information about gum recontouring and other smile line aesthetic features, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Clifford Melnick. Dr. Melnick and his dental team will answer all of your questions about our gum recontouring services and help you understand if alterations to your smile line could make a difference for you.
We are passionate about offering unparalleled care and services to all of our dental patients. To learn more about the Fifth Avenue Periodontics difference, please contact our New York dental office today.
- Dr. Clifford Melnick. Gum Recontouring.
- WebMD. Gum Recontouring. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/gum-contouring-procedure