A Healthier Smile Starts Today
Gum Disease and You
You know the importance of brushing your teeth and flossing on a daily basis. But did you know that your gum and oral health have been found to link to heart conditions, strokes, and diabetes?
Dr. Clifford Melnick knows the importance of good oral health, and provides patients with a wide variety of services to ensure that oral health is maintained or treated. Through this blog, patients will learn about our services at Fifth Avenue Periodontics and find out why it may be necessary to consider periodontic treatments for better overall health.
Dr. Clifford Melnick’s Periodontal Services
At Fifth Avenue Periodontics, Dr. Clifford Melnick and his team are dedicated to exceptional oral care. We offer gum disease treatments for individuals who are suffering from gum disease, and those who wish for their gums to remain healthy. Some of our most popular treatment options include:
- Scaling and Root Planing- this procedure involves the removal of tartar from the necks of teeth and below the gum line to aid in the treatment of gum disease.
- Chemotherapeutic Treatment- this method is non-surgical and involves the placement of an antibiotic, Arestin, below the gum line. The Arestin microspheres remain in the gum pocket for up to 21 days and kills the bacteria associated with gum disease.
- Periodontal Maintenance- once the gums are healthy, we offer professional and home care to keep your gums healthy.
- Surgery- if surgery is the best option for you, then Dr. Clifford Melnick will consult with you to discuss bone grafting and guided tissue regeneration. Surgical methods can restore bone that is lost with periodontal disease.
Dr. Clifford Melnick and his team are constantly reviewing the latest treatment methods and techniques to ensure that patients always receive the best care. Our periodontal services provide our patients with the comprehensive care.
Learn More about Gum Disease Treatment
If you would like to learn more information about our gum disease treatments at Fifth Avenue Periodontics, then do not hesitate to contact Dr. Clifford Melnick and his dental team. We make certain that your oral health is a priority and that you have a beautiful and healthy smile for a lifetime.
With Fifth Avenue Periodontics’ gum disease treatments, you can restore your smile to a healthy state, or maintain your oral health for a lifetime. Your mouth is the window to the rest of your health—learn how Dr. Clifford Melnick can help keep it healthy. Contact Fifth Avenue Periodontics today.
- Fifth Avenue Periodontics. Gum Disease Treatment. http://www.fifthaveperio.com/dental-services/gum-disease/
- WebMD. Gum Disease. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tc/gum-disease-topic-overview